Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

New addition

We picked up another dog on Saturday. KC, who we adopted 1 month ago from the humane society in fort worth, needed a companion other than us. A friend of my husband's at work had some friends who found this stray Brittany wondering around a country road near Terrell. We decided to have a look at him. He's a sweet, mild tempered dog but he's been a bit of trouble. We took him to the vet, got him his shots, had his paw looked at (it was bleeding a little) and brough him home. He's also rail thin. He had probably stepped on a thorn or something while on his own and he's taking antibiotics and pain pills for it and he has to wear one of those Elizabethan collars. He looks pathetic. Over the last two days he has gotten more energy. This morning his paw was bleeding a little. He most likely stepped on something in the backyard when they went out to pee this morning. The kids really like him. I'm partial to my girl KC though. Sammy (Theresa named him) is fine, but I guess I have a sweet spot for my girl. We're giving the dog a week to see how he works out, but something tells me that we have another mouth to feed. Our house is getting quite full.....of love.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Pictures please...I wanna see this new pup! Sounds pretty pathetic looking right now, but I'm sure all will be better soon.

Sharon said...

I'll try to do that. He is still pretty pathetic though. At the slightest reprimand, he will roll over with his belly exposed as a sign of surrender. My husband says he expects nothing less from a Frenchie. Brittany's are French dogs.

My youngest kids

My youngest kids