Pages

Friday, November 7, 2008

Daughter down with strep/ear infection

My daughter has come down with strep throat and an ear infection. She is almost 6 and has never had either of these. I swear...she's been sick more since she's started school than her whole life. She went to day care since she was 9mo old. It was always home-based, but there were always at least 4-5 other kids there at all times. Are school kids that much more disease-ridden? Maybe disease-ridden is too strong a word, but my gosh. We get notes home that say there was a kid with Mono at school, foot and mouth disease, and something else I can't remember. It makes you want to start home schooling. Anyway, she was so miserable that she was whimpering this morning. Theresa usually doesn't complain unless she feels really bad so I knew something was wrong. I thought the ear ache was from her getting hit in the face with a basketball yesterday....yes, another school related mishap. We got some meds to help her feel better. Thank goodness. I hate feeling helpless. I bet you moms out there know that feeling. I'm going to check on her. Until later...

No comments:

My youngest kids

My youngest kids