Pages

Monday, February 16, 2009

Our dog's passing

I forgot to mention that our dog, Jackie, died last month. She had a type of leukemia that comes on very suddenly (within 1-2 weeks). She couldn't keep her food down and when she got to the point of not being able to drink, we had to decide to put her to sleep. That is on my top 10 list of the hardest things I have ever had to do. I'm not going to put my list here because it is a doozie. Some of you know about my history with pregnancies. That is all I'll say. I know that at least Jackie didn't have to suffer any more. Her doggie angel day is Jan. 11 which is the same angel day as our son, Francis. Coincidence?

1 comment:

Sara said...

I'm sorry to hear about your dog. There are lots of difficult things in life and you have had to deal with lots of them in the past few years. Miss you!

My youngest kids

My youngest kids